Saturday, June 14, 2008

My second poem

When you are emotional you want to do something. Some wants to remain alone, some watch movies, some screams, some eats (if you happen to believe Adnan Sami) and what I do? Sometimes I want to write poems. This happened actually when I was at IIT Kanpur. At that time there was a lot of excitement about the NASA Columbia mission as Indian born astronaut Kalpana Chawla was on her second mission (January 16, 2003). But unfortunately The STS-107 Columbia mission ended abruptly on February 1, 2003 when Space Shuttle Columbia and the crew perished during entry, 16 minutes prior to scheduled landing. It was such an emotional moment for me. During the build up of the mission I read so much about her that I started adoring and respecting her. And finally when this happened I felt really terrible. For others she is long gone, but for me she is still fresh in my memory. She would always be an inspiration for me for my whole life. The poem is a tribute to her.

A tribute to Kalpana Chawla

A sweet little child, gazing the star at night;
Thought come upon her, can she become herself a star?
The child has grown up, maturity has shown up;
Thoughts propel her to take aero, as the sky is in her neuro.
Here comes a big leap, she landed on a spaceship.
She distributed the entire gift, now the time comes to make a shift.
Her obligations are over; God wants to take her with a cover.

May God fulfill all wishes of her; she already has become a bright star!


No comments: